Hover to pause, click blue links...
Contents / "Site Map"
- Photos Deposit: login
- Newsletter 53 links
- Australia passenger lists
- FH Federation newsletter
- Free UK Genealogy — volunteer
- Nat. Archives: Free access to digital records
- Nat. Archives Using-Discovery event
- Norfolk: Churchyard Graves & Memorials image-browse
- Pen and Sword Books
- Scotland RC parish list
- Suffolk Libraries
- Newsletter 52 links
- Family etc. History Groups in Suffolk
- FHF = Family History Federation
- History of the General Register Office
- History of UK Registration/Censuses, and Social/FH data
- National Archives
- Rolls of Honour of the Alde Valley (WWI and WW2)
- Significant dates for family records
- SLHC = Suffolk Local History Council
- Suffolk Archives (formerly SRO/Suffolk Record Office)
- SRO: Burial Grounds transcriptions by Suffolk East WI, 1981
- Suffolk Parish Workhouses List
- Suffolk Roll of Honour, 1914-18
- Support our Friends & Advertisers!
- Zeppelin L48, Theberton 1917
- useful, non-local information
- Chapman codes
- Events affecting Church Records
- Gravestone cleaning tips
- How to date photographs
- Land Registry Title Numbers
- Parish Registers
- Pronunciation of some surnames
- Shipping passenger lists, etc.
- Dropbox Sizewell dates
- Dropbox Snape excavations
- Videos & podcasts
- Virtual Visit
- Open Day 2019
- Fisherfolk and Lifeboat Men
- Open Day 2018
- Open Day 2017
- Open Day 2016
- In Flanders Fields
- Leiston Abbey 2015
- Open Day March 2015
- Open Day January 2014
- Open Day October 2013
- Open Day January 2013
- Aldringham Baptist Chapel Survey
- Open Day 2012
- Flanders 2011
- St Mary's Benhall MI's 2010
- Research Request Form
- Possible Match of Interests
- Cecil Lay 1964 Anglia TV documentary
- Constitution - Rules
Saxmundham in the '50's ...
ALDE VALLEY SUFFOLK
FAMILY HISTORY GROUP
This website now has a shorter domain name: avsfhg.org.uk
which runs alongside the rather less snappy aldevalleyfamilyhistorygroup.onesuffolk.net !
As is the standard on websites, all blue text can be "clicked" on or tapped
to follow a link; also, here any blue-bordered images act in the same way.
Otherwise, images may have a specific invitation nearby to click on them.
Our primary aim is to promote interest in family history, with particular focus on East Suffolk. We cater for anyone who has links with our beautiful county, whether living here or through more historic ancestral connections.
We offer our members a range of services, including monthly talks on a diverse range of topics, assistance with their personal research, access to a growing collection of archive material and an informative quarterly newsletter.
Click on the links below to discover more …
Read all about us, and what we do, here ...
We can help with your local family history research here ...
AVSFHG is a member of the Family History Federation (ex-FFHS) and of Suffolk Local History Council.
Click on either logo for more information: all images edged in blue on this website are links.
The (US) Board for Certification of Genealogists states that, to reach a sound conclusion,